Trackschool is proud to be able to provide CAMS and AASA Observed Licence Tests (OLTs)
Motorsport licences are issued in Australia by CAMS and AASA. You can include an Observed Licence Test (OLT) as part of most Trackschool full day events
CAMS and AASA Observed Licence Tests (OLTs)
Motorsport Licensing in a nutshell
Motorsport licences are issued in Australia by CAMS and AASA.
To get your first licence you will:
- Submit a licence application which contains a medical form.
- Expect an email with an online lecture. This lecture is a pre-requisite for receiving a licence.
- Receive a Pre-Licence Authority (PLA).
- Book your Observed Licence Test (with Trackschool), using the PLA.
- Receive your licence upon passing your OLT.
Book your OLT with Trackschool
Trackschool is accredited and certified by both CAMS and AASA to carry out Observed Licence Testing.
- Trackschool OLTs take place regularly throughout the year
- Trackschool provides training as part of the OLT day
- Trackshool OLTs cover all licencing levels
- Use your own manual car or take your OLT in a Trackschool car
In an OLT, your practical skills and racing capabilities will be tested. This happens at the licensing stage so that, before open competition, you will have sufficient knowledge and skill to intelligently and safely manoeuvre a vehicle at speed under modified race conditions. Training and testing includes:
- Basic car preperation and set up
- Driving techniques and reactions
- Safety awareness and race procedures
- Mental attitude to competition
- Understanding rules and regulations
The OLT is a critical part of motorsport licensing because it protects your life and the lives of other drivers, officials and spectators.
Will you pass the OLT with Trackschool?
Clearly, the more experience and training you have before sitting the OLT, the better your chances are of passing this test.
Simply sitting the observed licence test in no way guarantees or compels Trackschool to issue a OLT. Candidates must pass this test before being issued with an OLT by Trackschool.
While Trackschool does not guarantee success at an OLT after one on one training, Trackschool recommends one on one training prior to sitting the OLT.
For more information about the CAMS Observed Licence Tests and licences see http://www.cams.com.au/get-involved/competitors/observed-licence-tests-(olt)
Wakefield Park - Wakefield Park is a purpose-built closed road track environment situated 10km south of Goulburn.
- Group (Track Day) with own car (full day) $350 per person.
- 1-1 tuition with own car (full day) $680 per person.
- 1-1 tuition with a Trackschool MX5 (full day) from $1100 per person.
Hire a Trackschool car or use your own manual vehicle*
*Certain vehicles like 4WD off road or commercial vehicles are unsuitable.
*We reserve the right to refuse any car.
*Race cars must have a passenger seat fitted.
*Must be a manual transmission vehicle.
Ample car parking available, toilets, refreshments.
- Full day course
- Experienced race drivers/instructors including John Boston, David Sieders, Tim Brook, Dean Evans, Chris Reeves and Len McIntosh (Instructors may vary on the day). All of our instructors have an impressive motorsport portfolio.
Comfortable clothing and footwear. Helmets must be worn at all times (helmet hire is available).